Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is a secure, HIPAA-compliant, web-based system for building and managing web-based research projects such as surveys and databases. The REDCap system provides functionality and features to enable researchers to rapidly develop databases and online surveys. These databases, data entry forms, and surveys are intuitive, easy to use tools for collecting data, including data validation.
REDCap also offers a Data Export Utility, which enables researchers to export their data in an automated manner into formats that are compatible with commonly used statistical analysis packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, and R.
Advanced features of the system include branching logic for dynamic data entry form generation, file uploading, data importing, and embedded calculated database fields. REDCap is offered to the UCSF Research Community and its collaborators. This application is available for research purposes only.
Attention REDCap Users!
REDCap's native e-signature feature is not authorized for use at UCSF since it currently does not meet the University's legal requirements for e-signature functionality.
Docusign is the recommended solution for e-signature functionality at UCSF.
- To request a REDCap account or add users to your current account, go to this link:
https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/order_accounts.do and click on "REDCap Request Form"
- If you already have a REDCap user account, REDCap can be accessed by visiting https://redcap.ucsf.edu
To learn more about REDCap:
- REDCap FAQs
- Register to Attend a REDCap Training Class
- REDCap Webinar registration
- View the National REDCap Consortium Training Video Library
To Create a REDCap Consultation Request:
- Go to this link to request ARS REDCap consulting services
REDCap is available for use to the UCSF Research Community and its collaborators at no cost.
If the requester wishes to retain the services of a database development consultant to design REDCap databases, data entry forms, or surveys, please contact the Academic Research Systems team at email@example.com. These consulting services are available on a recharge consulting basis.
Support services for REDCap are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM.
For help with questions, or support issues:
- Submit a ticket at help.ucsf.edu
- Call the UCSF ITS Service Desk at 415-514-4100
- Join the UCSF REDCap Chatter Group and post your questions to other UCSF REDCap users:
A REDCap and MyResearch Attestation Form must be signed by every new REDCap user to denote their understanding of the UCSF data use and security policies that must be adhered to while using REDCap and REDCap Survey.