The Cohort Selection Tool (CST) is a query tool that enables researchers to retrieve patient population counts from the UCSF Medical Center and the UCSF School of Dentistry Dental Clinic. The CST is available for use to the UCSF Research community at no cost.
THE CST ALLOWS YOU TO
- Identify potential subjects for studies to demonstrate feasibility
- Create cohorts for observational studies, particularly comparative effectiveness and quality improvement studies
- Build queries to request clinical data sets for research after CHR approval
ACCESSING THE CST
To request access to the CST, please complete the Research Data Tools Request form, which requires MyAccess credentials. You will be granted access within 5 business days. If you already have access to the CST you can use any web browser to access the
and sign in with your Campus Active Directory credentials.
For help with questions or support issues:
- Submit a help ticket at help.ucsf.edu
- Call the UCSF ITS Service Desk at 415-514-4100
- Support services for the CST are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM.